The Defender Challenge is a one make rally series that will provide a controlled and cost effective route for entrants to sample different rally disciplines, and ultimately prepare them for rally raid competitions such as the Dakar and the Africa Race. The Defender Challenge is managed by Bowler Motorsport, supported by Land Rover and regulated by the MSA.
The series will cater for experienced competition drivers (both off road and circuit), and those with no prior competition experience. For the latter, the series will offer a complete solution in terms of gaining a competition license, training, development, and competition experience.
All competitors will drive a brand new Bowler prepared Defender 90 that has been modified for safety, performance and durability, and is compliant with FIA T2 regulations, and each event will be supported by the Bowler Works team and will have a dedicated service and hospitality area.
The UK series will comprise of 7 rounds which mix hill rallies and stage rallies, and which are spread across the UK throughout the year. Entrants will also have the option of competing in rallies in Europe and North Africa alongside the Bowler Works team.
Based on a road registered right hand drive Land Rover Defender 90 Hard Top
- Engine: 2.2 Litre Diesel
- Gearbox: Standard 6-speed manual
- Power: Modified to 170 bhp by Bowler Motorsport
- Torque: 450Nm
- Full MSA-approved roll cage
- MSA-compliant fire extinguisher system
- Bowler Motorsport suspension system – including new dampers, springs roll bars and bushes
- Bowler Motorsport lightweight 16″ wheels with control Cooper tyres
- Racing seats and six-point harness
- Bowler Motorsport lightweight front bumper and sill protectors
- Intercom system (Peltor)
- Upgraded mud flaps and mounting system
- Bowler Motorsport revised door casings
- Full Defender Challenge livery
- Optional Bowler brake package
- Optional service package providing access to Bowler Works mechanics, logistic support plus vehicle storage between events